Thursday, April 16, 2009

Student Teaching - State Convention




On March 28th through April 1st, I attended State FFA Convention with the Portland FFA Chapter. I loved being a chaperone that was invested in the chapter. It made me realize that this time next year, I'll have a chapter of my own to take to Gatlinburg! I was proud of not only my Portland students, but the students from Beech as well. Michelle, who ran for state office, didn't get one, but I was proud of her nonetheless. Portland also had students competing in Ag Issues, Ag Communications, Farm Business Management, and the Cooperative Challenge. From Beech, Cayce competed in Extempt and led the Parli Pro team to the finals on the stage. Jena led the Marketing team to 2nd place at state, and the freshman Ag Communications team became state champs! Jena also won her Proficiency in Small Animal Care! Many students from both chapters also received the prestigous State Degree on Saturday morning. I did my best to get pictures anytime our students were on stage - it made me proud to see all of them be recognized for just doing their best and striving for excellence. The entire week was a great experience to see the students having fun and understanding how the FFA can provide them with recognition and fun opportunities. I also loved being able to see all of my extended FFA family and hang out with Ashley when she was able to sit with us at sessions. Overall, it was a great convention, 4rd only to when I won the state Creed contest and when I was elected to then turned over my state office. I love my future job!





I am so proud of Michelle. She worked hard to run for state office and I loved cheering for her.




The Ag Comm team won state! I love their facial expressions - they weren't sure how to react.




Jena won her proficiency! I love this picture of her - she looks so happy.

No comments: