The best thing about Monday was working on the chapter t-shirt with Casey and Jena. We found an awesome font (free) that is the set of pictographs used by the national parks. Having a fondness for the beautiful Tennessee State Parks and lessons related to them, I really wished I had found it when I had my Portland wildlife management class play pictionary with the symbols. Now I'll have it!
On a side note and unrelated to teaching, it was my dad's birthday. We bought him a new computer and he loved it!
On Tuesday, Mac went over Opening and Closing with the freshman to see which team would "win". It was great to see them enjoy speaking, especially the words of the OC ceremonies. One student in particular who did poorly when we first went over it (because he didn't study or memorize it) had obviously studied the advisors part and wow'ed me when he recited it. When he got done he looked at me and I gave him a big thumbs up - I was proud! Since then I've heard him say some amazing things. When the Comm girls talked about their state winning plaque, he said, "I'm gonna have one of those one day!" and when other students discussed banquet, he mentioned that he can't wait until next year because he'll have gotten all kinds of awards. I hope and think that eventually as he matures, he'll realize it's not just about plaques and awards, but his positive attitude has really impressed me. Just in the time I've been there, I've seen a great improvement.
Afterwards, I went to Wilson Central to conduct their chapter officer interviews along with Brett and Michael. (And not to brag, but my slate was the one we eventually decided on. :) ) Afterwards, Pam and I went to get some supper and had a great talk. While we were eating, I got a very important phone call that I was worried would come a lot later. Life is good, and Pam is good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment