Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Student Teaching - Days 45, 46, and 47

For the first three days of the week, Mac was out and we had a substitute. I had the freshman work on a lesson on plant parts and taxonomy, and then use the rest of the time for their research for their final projects. Instead of a usual test, Mac is having them write research papers, make PowerPoints and plan a presentation for him and the class where he will ask them questions based on their work with a certain animal in the lab this semester. In greenhouse, we worked through some of the units for their dual-credit grade. I hope they all pass the test and get that credit. I try to explain to them the importance of picking up credits easily like that, because other credits won't be as easy or cheap. If they only knew the deal that $60 is for 3 credit hours - and Beech FFA pays half, so $30 is even more amazing!

No comments: