Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Student Teaching - Day 28 and 29

Now that I've been at Beech for three days, I'm getting more into the swing of things.
Yesterday was a great day. I worked a lot on a PowerPoint for Unit 9, which I should be teaching that on Thursday. Because I didn't get to use any PowerPoints at my first placement, I'm not burnt out yet on it and I've been working on it during any spare time in class.
After school yesterday, I went to Portland to speak with the editor of the Portland Leader. After an hour, it was decided that I would get an entire page of the newspaper, in color! on the front of a section to be able to write my own story and use my own pictures about my Portland wildlife class that I loved so much. I'm SO EXCITED! I'll get my name as the byline, my student's pictures in the paper, in color! Have I said it's going to be in color? This totally made my day. It's due to the editor of the paper by the 20th and it will run on the 25th. I'm going to by 10 copies!
Today, Mr. Mac wasn't in class because he had to pick up plants. We got everything he left done - test in 1st block, making 100 hanging baskets in 2nd, and painting in 3rd block. During planning, I worked more on my Soils PowerPoint. I really like the flow of the textbook, and I think I'll make a PowerPoint for each unit, considering I'll most likely have a freshman class where ever I teach, and most all AgScience classes use the same DelMar text. Tomorrow I get to begin teaching in AgSci. I'm a little apprehensive because the PP will be on each student's computer, so they'll be looking at the screen and not me. Also, the room they're in is large and I'm kinda short. Good thing I'm loud, too!

No comments: