Note to self: Don't let kids play dodgeball in 20 degree weather by a pond!
Someone mentioned dodgeball in first block and I told 4th block we could play ... before I realized it was too cold to be outside but the gym was taken. We learned a lesson in problem-solving skills.
Problem: Students want to play dodgeball but the gym is full and it's freezing outside.
Solution: There isn't one! At least not today!
Something new happened today, also. In second block, I had a group jigsaw where everyone had to participate to get a daily grade. I had a student admit to not doing his part. I asked him to stay after to tell me what he has done, so that I can give him a grade. He said he didn't want to stay and he would just take a "0". I told him I wasn't accepting anyone failing so he would need to stay.
After class, I asked him what had happened. He explained that he originally took on one role, but then another teammate of his took on two roles right before they presented. Therefore it appeared that he hasn't done any work. I told him that next time he should make it more clear his role to a group, and next time I can do a better job of making sure everyone who has a role keeps it. I thought we had a good discussion. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment