Preparing for California has drained me. I can't wait to go because of the great opportunity it presents, but also because I can focus more on my instruction afterwards.
Today's big news was the visitor in 2nd block. I asked Clint to come and speak about the history of guns and bring some examples for my Wildlife class. The SRO officer has to be in the room when he brought the unloaded guns in. We watched clips of a movie detailing the history of guns, then Clint would relate each new progression made to what we know now, and also demonstrated with the guns he had. I could spend an hour just describing why I think this was a great lesson. One of the best things about bringing Clint in was that he was a very knowledgable about his topic, and bringing someone new in is also a treat for the students. I think they also knew the importance of good behavior, considering the SRO officer was standing, arms crossed and slightly intimidating, on the side of the room. I'm glad that Clint could do this for me. I was thinking today, who would have known that my 4th grade 4-H agent would be helping me when I was 22 during my student teaching semester? I'm glad that we've been friends for so long and we can help each other out. It doesn't matter that I don't have a large family, I get to adopt people like Clint!
No comments:
Post a Comment