On Thursday at 8am, I had to go to the dentist to fix all of my "problems", (lol ... so terrible!) I was there for almost 3 hours and I was sore until last night!
On Friday at 5:15am, I got up bright and early to go to Franklin for the President's Conference for Farm Bureau. Jessica and I were being recognized for representing TN for Collegiate Discussion Meet in next February during the lunch, and Mr. Curtis invited me for the day's activities. We had a great ham breakfast and then I learned a lot about groups that target agriculture from an intense woman from New York. During the breakout sessions, I spent a lot of time talking to David about Ag. Council. I also saw Clint!, my surrogate uncle. He was representing UT Extension. Before lunch, the Chairman and Chairwoman of both the Tennessee Democratic and Republican parties "debated" in front of the conference, and Lee Maddox was the moderator. Loving politics the way I do, I found it very interesting. It was also difficult masking my bias towards the Republican chairwoman, who did an exceptional job of representing John McCain. Despite having to wake up early, I'm glad I went, because I picked up a few things I can incorporate into Discussion Meet later on.
On Saturday, I desperately needed new jeans, and Mom and I went to Old Navy. I love Oldy Navy because sizes seem the most consistent and things there actually fit me! Because of a great sale, I got 4 (yes, four!) pair of pants. As silly as it sounds, I got a good range of "colors". A light pair, a dark pair, one in between, and some dark khakis. Then we went to Liz's and swam a little in her awesome pool! Later that night we watched Michael Phelps make history! I am extremely inspired by what he has done, and I have already thought of how I can incorporate his story into a unit for a leadership class. Dad and I watched some concert DVD's like we do some Saturday nights - last night was 311, Sheryl Crowe, Peter Gabriel, and The Police.
This morning I made breakfast, as usual for Sundays, and then Dad and I watched Vantage Point.
Then ... I started my huge task of "getting my life together" -- cleaning out my entire room. To most, this may seem easy. However, my room is almost as big as my parents', and I not only have tons of clothing and items from still from high school (that I never use or wear), but all of the things I accumulated while I lived in Corlew. So, as I glance in my planner and see nothing penciled in for this week, I am going to organize my entire tangible life. Tomorrow will be mostly culling all the clothing I don't wear so I can donate them. I also have gathered all of my old FFA shirts and am planning to make a quilt from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The organizing sounds like a good plan! I love going through and decluttering as crazy as it may seem! I just love when I am able to bless others with things I don't want anymore!
I LOVE the FFA quilt idea! I have been thinking about doing that for awhile! I definitely want to see pictures when you are finished with it!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment