It's been a while since I posted, school has started!
I have always liked school, but this semester already seems to be the best one I've ever had. The quality of my professors and the importance and relevance of the course material has increased exponentially this semester. I'm sure it's because I'm taking all the classes right before student teaching, so they finally have to tell me how to actually do everything. And I love it! I have a SPSE class that teaches how to cater your course material to those with disabilities. I have a Technology in Teaching class in which we built a website, learn how to mail merge in Excel, and tons of other useful things that I will actually be able to apply when it comes to my career. I also have an Instructional Design course once a week that I feel will help me a lot when it comes to lesson plans and classroom management.
I also have Doc's Methods of Teaching Ag Mechanics class, and I'm actually not too worried about it. I'm excited to try out some stuff in the shop. I also have Dr. Gill's Ag in Our Lives, which sounds like it's shaping up to be a bunch of field trips to places and people I came to know well during my state officer year. It couldn't hurt! My last class is online, Companion Animal Management. Because I want to teach a class of Small Animal Care, I think this will be very beneficial. I am also looking forward to adopting a dog once I get an apartment, and I'm excited to learn everything just for my own knowledge!
I turned in my Intent to Graduate and Upper Division forms, and have a few more of those big hurdles to cross, (aside from classes and student teaching) like the Praxis 2 and CLEP'ing Biology. I know it sounds silly, but I'm going to be amazingly proud of myself once I graduate. When it comes to working through things, like financial aid, classes, exemptions for classes, and all the other things that could go wrong, I did it either by myself or with the help of Mrs. Kelly, the Ag Secretary. She is amazing!
I also shopped some this weekend, bought some owl jewelry and some more pieces of Night Owl from Vera Bradley. The big backpack, the lunchbox, and the sunglasses case. I've got to lay off, it's so expensive! I'll love carrying all that around with my laptop case though, I'll be extremely coordinated.
My brother is getting married in two weeks! The Bridal Shower I'm throwing Amanda is a week from tomorrow. With any free time I have, I like to put on a movie and work on the decorations. I also need to start coordinating the music. Then there's the flowers, the shower, and getting anything I need done as a bridesmaid. So much to do, but I'm so happy for my little brother!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment