As far as my current life situation, I am working in Murfreesboro as a Conference Director. I will openly admit I don't like it, but I only have less than a month, so I'm not going to elaborate on something not worth the space on this page! I'm looking forward to moving into Housing on campus without actually working for them. This is my last semester of classes and I'd like to be able to soak it up and enjoy what I'm learning, instead of worrying about all the things I had to worry about as an RA. It is certainly an experience I'm glad I took at the end of last summer. Had I not,l I really don't know what I would be doing right now. I hate to think I would commuted for a third year to Murfreesboro and not been able to take advantage of campus life. I loved it, and I'm so glad I met all of my 4th floor girls, but I know one more semester will be enough. I also got close to Cody, and although I don't see him much during the summer, I'm so thankful we were able to get to know each other better. I know there's no way I could have made it through Corlew without him. Speaking of Corlew, I have lived in this building for almost a year exactly. I used to renounce dorms and swore I'd never live in one, but I happened to hear of spaces available in Housing, and I moved about a week later after getting the job. Leaving home for the first time was an amazing experience, and although I really miss my lifelong home sometimes, I'm glad I did it. Just because I lived close enough to drive to MTSU doesn't mean I should have done it all my collegiate career. But this summer, there has been very little to do, and I basically go home every chance I can. Thank goodness Ashley is in Murfreesboro or I'd probably go crazy from boredom. I guess I had to give a premature goodbye to Housing, since I'll only be working as a DA in the fall and will have very little to do with anything Housing-related. Although it has little to do with agriculture education, I know that having to deal with the difficult people (especially bosses!) will help me moderate my actions and words with future supervisors, like the principal of the school I will work for. It has also made me appreciate the fact that that my chosen profession will (I assume) be much more exciting and rewarding. People I'm close to hear this too often, but I can't wait to teach!
This Friday is the Young Farmer's and Rancher's Conference! I'm a little apprehensive because I haven't been before, despite being invited, and I just don't know what it'll be like. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully meeting more new people. I love simply being around people in the industry. I soak up anything they have to say. It should be a great experience!
The other big development in my life is the engagement of my little brother! He proposed to his longtime girlfriend Amanda a few weeks ago, and they're getting married on September 13th. He is also going to Vol State to major in Business Management. I am very proud of what he has done with his life so far! I mention these things because my family really only consists of Danny, me and our parents, so the changes he is making are pretty exciting to us! Amanda also asked me to be a bridesmaid and I was very excited! I'm looking forward to helping them with whatever they need. I used to aspire to be a wedding planner, so this will be a good outlet for my creative energy. This is the bridesmaid dress:
I am exciting for them and I can't wait to see them on their wedding day!
No comments:
Post a Comment