I am officially an ex-resident of Corlew Hall. After almost a calendar year, I moved out today. I started last night at about 9pm - because my mom called back after I told her I could move out by the 9th to say she'd be there in the morning - and stayed up until about 2, then got up at 7 to put most everything in my car and wait for her to bring the truck for the big stuff.
When I brought the last of everything down, I realized I wouldn't have a reason to go back into the building ever again. I get attached to places like that in a weird way even with community bathrooms, disgusting smells on the boys floors, loud people above me, the crazy people always in the lobby. It was the first place I lived outside of my parent's house, so I guess I'll always remember it for being that milestone.
While I lived in Corlew, I:
-made some good friends
-got to know Cody better
-listened to my girls and their problems
-stayed up all night with someone who was sick
-laid in the shower when I was deathly ill
-celebrated my 21st birthday
-made a Haunted House
-discovered a new favorite movie
-yelled at my boss
-went to a toga party, and discovered why I should never go again
-listened to new, great music
-went to the best Shooter show yet
-stopped wasting my time dating the wrong guys, and started waiting for a good one
-attended the CMA Music Awards, and met some country music stars
-got elected Ag. Council President
-watched way too much Rock of Love, despite it being the stupidest show in existence
-learned that my family is great to be around
-found out my brother is getting married
-watched lots of Grey's Anatomy
-made some awesome grades, made some not so awesome grades
-renewed my faith in my major
-castrated a bull calf
-killed a few spiders (an act of major bravery for me)
and of course, TONS more. Those are the most distinct memories from the past year. Moving on! I'll be in Wood Hall this fall, then in December I move back to Sumner Co. to be closer to the places where I student teach, then ... I'll graduate!
On a different note, I'm buying my first computer tonight! The tax-free weekend starts at midnight, and since I'd stay up that late anyway, I'm going to buy it then. I know for most people it's old hat but I'm so excited to be able to take it to class, the library, my room ... no more smelly computer labs.
I'm also looking forward to the next three weeks I'll have at home. I plan to:
-clean out, vacuum, and clean the upholstery in my car
-clean out my closet
-donate my old clothes
-organize my scrapbooking stuff
-transfer my iTunes to my new computer
-cook dinner most nights
Speaking of cooking dinner, I really need to get better, so I've taken over supper for the next three weeks to make up for mooching of my parents while I'm here. Tonight was easy, there wasn't much to choose from since we need to go shopping, so I made ham and cheese sandwiches, with pasta. Which is a weird combo, I know, but my parents like this Italian and Ranch pasta mix and they don't seem to mind that they picked things that don't necessarily compliment each other. It bothers me though, because I'm just as much about presentation as I am the food. Tomorrow night is Mexican - grilled steak burritos. I'll have made lots of things by the time I go back to Murfreesboro, hopefully improving my cooking skills.
I'm going to wait for our midnight shopping trip by watching America's Best Dance Crew - go Fanny Pack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just love reading your posts! You are such and amazing writer and so descriptive!! The steak burritos sound absolutely amazing!! Enjoy your new computer!
You forgot the most memorable event in Corlew! Having to clean up human feces. I hate to tell you this, but I got put in Corlew again! I really miss seeing you everyday and we must hang out and go do something very soon!!
Post a Comment